- 2016- 2018
- Millennium Challenge Account – Indonesia
- Lead Strategic Advisory
- Area of Expertise:
- Feasibility Study, Airport Expansion, Airport Operation, Cargo and Logistics, PPP Procurement, Value for Money, Legal and Institutional Compliance, Market Sounding, Stakeholder Dialogue
Strategic Advisory Services to Government of Indonesia - Hang Nadim Airport Pilot Project
The objective of the Airport project is to assist BIFZA as the GCA in its objective to tender a PPP for the expansion of Terminal 1 of Hang Nadim Airport as well as construction of a new Passenger Terminal. GCA is keen on developing the Airport Project embarking on a PPP approach that is guided by international best practice. XS-Axis Consulting was selected as the Strategic Adviser to support on legal, technical and financial advice to guide the GCA on drafting a Pre-FS that would allow for receipt of required Government Support and additional subsidies from relevant Ministries. Main tasks of XS-Axis Consulting included designing, preparing and developing the Pre-FS, and supporting the GCA to develop a solid PPP option for the planned expansion of the terminal (passenger terminal, cargo terminal, etc) considering best practice and benchmarks.
Scope of work and the assignment includes the following tasks:
- Lead support for the review of the planned capacity, and the requirements concerning timeline for implementation and consideration of a phased approach.
- Consider the alignment alternative, project size, quality, technology and time of the implementation.
- Identify the minimum services standard that includes quantity, quality and availability.
- Evaluate the current revenue capacity and tariff setting policies, and recommend how they interplay with the proposed PPP payment scheme.
- Support in conducting successfully Market Sounding Event.
- Finalization of Pre-FS and launch of the PPP as a tender in 2018.