Project Description: Strategic Advisory Services to Government of Indonesia - Phase 1 (2014 - 2015)
XS-Axis Consulting was selected in the role as Senior Strategic Advisor to MCA-Indonesia MCA- Indonesia in the Public Private Partnership Sub-Activity under the Policy and Procedure Development Activity, which is a part of the Procurement Modernization Project of a multi-million Compact funded by Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) for a period of 4 years (from 2014 to early 2018).
Dr. Azadeh Kopp-Moini, as the Managing Director of XS-Axis Consulting, was asked to assist the National Office of Public Procurement (LKPP) to develop and refine PPP policies and procedures within the existing PPP Policy and Institutional and Legal framework in Indonesia. The scope of work was designed based on the recognition of Indonesia’s issues in tendering financially viable PPPs in all sectors. The Strategic services were designed to address these problems with the goal to accelerate infrastructure development especially in locations most harmed by the lack of procedures and capacity. She has since engaged in advising LKPP in the development of PPP Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Scope of work and the assignment includes supporting LKPP in the following tasks:
- Desktop review of recently attempted PPP projects to identify gaps, bottlenecks and issues that must be cured when developing the tendering procedures.
- Develop a Gap Analysis Report that presents all findings regarding Indonesia’s current PPP Institutional and Regulatory Framework, current issues, benchmarks and recommendations towards a better PPP Landscape.
- Develop the implementation strategy for the PPP activity.
- Support the management of the performance of MCC-funded consultants implementing the PPP activities.
- Evaluate and revise the PPP Policy and Procurement Procedures for competitive tendering of PPPs projects.
- Assist LKPP in refining the PPP Policies and Procedures as laid out in its Regulation (Perka Number 19/ 2015).