Project Description: Evaluation of German Healthcare Partnership as a PPP based on OECD-DAC Criteria
The overall objective of the project was to evaluate the performance of the German Healthcare Partnership (GHP) as a joint initiative of the Federation of German Industries (BDI) and the Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ) within the framework of „develoPPP.de“ or Strategic Alliance (“STA”) as a financing tooldesigned to promote public and private partnerships acorss various sectors and topics.
The overall goal of this strategic alliance has been to improve access to quality-assured healthcare services in developing countries and emerging markets. XS-Axis Consulting was engaged as a strategic adviser to evaluate the following issues and areas:
- Framework conditions that had positive or negative effects on the development of the STA and to which extent this led to unintended results / impact.
- Assess the design and the results chain of the STA
- Assess according to OECD-DAC criteria the programs according to the 5 OECD-DAC criteria, namely relevance, effectiveness, impact, efficiency and sustainability.
- Assess according to Capacity WORKS success factors, especially in view of a potential continuation of the STA, Capacity WORKS success factors should be considered: strategy, cooperation (internal and external), steering structure, processes, learning and innovation.
- Evaluate alternative similar public-private initiatives and other pure private and public approaches
- Public- private initiatives in OECD DAC countries donor, even other German initiatives (such as The German Healthcare Export Group “GHE” or Health Made in Germany from GTAI/BMWi);
- Approaches from pure private companies (such as Hospitalia or Simed) and; approaches from a public implementation organisation
- Develop proper recommendations and action plan for all stakeholders, including the Industry as donors and the German Government including GIZ and KFW.
- Getting an understanding of driving forces oif the first phase of performance of GHP, the negative and positive forces behind the implementation of the desigend STA as scheme.
- Analysis of financial performance of the initiative funded both by the private setor and public sectors
- Getting a clear picture on strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities (SWOT) of STA
- Desiging an alternative approcah stowards strucuring the joint public and private initiative in future
- Developing an external report tosummarise the methodology of the evaluation, data collected, main findings and recommendations and conclusions. It also focused on the DAC criteria and result chain/result system.
- Provide evaluation methodology with an integrated health-related PPP know how
- Accountability for achievement of expected outputs and outcomes of the evaluation mission
- Contribution towards the set-up of the detailed mission work plan and the different elements of evaluation
- Conducting the preliminary desk study of all relevant project documents and reports as well background information
- Identification of requirements and development of a methodology for the data collection and evaluation (interviews, questionnaires…)
- Data collection
- Responsible for preparation of workshop content and facilitation
- Developing recommendations
- Holding of stakeholder meetings and interviews
- Prepare the consolidated Inception and Evaluation report
- Presentation of results to BMZ and stakeholders at various levels