Project Description: PPP Health Capacity Building Training Workshop
GIZ Social Health Protection Program in collaboration with MoH assessed PPPs in the Cambodian Health Sector in September 2014. The results reveal the need to build capacity among stakeholders to gain better insight into what they are, and what they are not and to strengthen the basics on PPP schemes, the various types of PPPs that may be opted for Cambodia and issues to consider when implementing PPPs to ultimately promote and improve partnerships among public and private sectors. In this context, the Sub-TWGH on PPPs in its meeting held on 22nd April, 2015 recommended to Department of International Cooperation of MoH to curb collaboration with relevant Development Partners such as GIZ, WHO, and others. The idea was to organize a training session on PPP aiming to raise awareness among different stakeholders and all those involved in supporting PPPs. Idea was to follow-up with a small team aimed at continuing the development of a concrete action plan for future implementation of PPPs in the Health Sector in Cambodiaa.
XS-Axis Consulting conducted a 2 – day training on PPP (18-19 August) by providing lecture and technical summaries on PPPs and supervised the over all training course by raising relevant questions related to the topic in order to generate discussion and participation among participants. On top, an Action Plan with participants was developed.
- Review existing documents related to PPPs in Cambodia, including report of the PPP assessment in 2014, and turning some of the recommendation into training objectives for raising awareness and common understanding on PPP concept among stakeholders.
- Prepare training materials (PowerPoint presentation and case study of PPP models) based on experiences from other countries
- Facilitate local team at pre-training meeting (17th Aug) for making sure topics will be covered according to the objectives of the training
- Conduct 2 days training on PPP (18-19 August) by providing lecture and technical summaries on PPPs
- Supervise over all training course by raising relevant questions related to the topic in order to generate discussion and participation among participants and
- Develop an Action Plan with participants.